Planning & Zoning

Zoning Permits

A Land Use Permit is needed for any new buildings, additions or alterations to existing buildings. CLICK HERE to view our various permits and applications. Driveway permits are required when new driveways are installed on a parcel. If you are expanding the width of an existing curb cut you need to verify if a permit is needed. The construction of new fences or extension of existing fences requires a fence permit. Land Use Permits are required for a number of projects. Please inquire below or view our ordinances to learn more. 


Most signs in the village require permits. Before ordering a sign verify if it is permitted and if a sign permit application is required. It is recommended that you verify with the village prior to ordering any materials for projects, the village is happy to assist applicants with their requests and explain the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance. The village does not want the customer to assume the cost for materials or items that are not allowed.



Questions? Please call or Email

Tim Cypher, Zoning Administrator

Phone 231-360-2557 ext. 6


Connect & Engage



Area Photos



Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Closed Noon to 1:00 p.m.


207 S. Brownson Ave.
P.O. Box 208
Kingsley, MI 49649

(231)263-7778 office
(231)263-2278 fax